Monday, March 21, 2011

The Eyes Have It: Jensen Ackles and Bradley Cooper.

This weekend I watched two films. One I liked a little and one I liked a lot. The first one was an indie flick that was originally released in 2007 and co-starred Jensen Ackles of "Supernatural" fame. The film was titled 10 Inch Hero and was based around five people who worked in a sandwich shop owned by a hippie like father figure. The story focused on Piper who moves to Santa Cruz, California in search of the daughter that she gave up when she was fifteen. The story line is interesting and the characters are likeable, but I have to say that it had its moments that I felt were a little schmaltzy. I won't spoil it for you but the end may leave you rolling your eyes. All the actors did a fine job, but I have to say that the standout  performance came from Jensen Ackles. Now I will admit that being a "Supernatural" fan was the main reason why I put it at the top of my Netflix Que list. However I must say not only as a fan but  a lover of great talent, I do believe that Jensen Ackles has the ability to pull off a film that has nothing to do with horror. He is handsome enough to draw numbers and talented enough to gain more film opportunities. I believe that he is capable of broader range if given the chance. Based on his work from Days of Our Lives to Supernatural it is clearly seen that Jensen has grown so much as an actor. I believe that he is the kind of performer that needs challenges and it is easy for him to get bored. With the cinema constantly grabbing "cute" actors from television shows it's a wonder why Jensen is not on line with Josh Duhamel or our next subject Bradley Cooper. I think he can do it, as long as Hollywood let's him.

The second film I saw  was Limitless with Bradley Cooper and I though I am a bit clueless about Bradley's career I have to say that he was awesome as the depressed frumpy writer turned super intelligent highly ambitious millionaire, thanks to a tiny little pill. The movie was number one at the box office grossing 19 million on opening weekend. I like Bradley Cooper. He seems to have this boyish quality about him that draws you in to his performance. His command of your attention is subtle and charming and he is far from boring.  Like Jensen Ackles his eyes speak a whole new language.Jensen and Bradley both have television backgrounds, and with the success of Limitless this weekend it's obvious that Bradley may have a stellar movie career ahead of him, as far as Jensen Ackles is concerned I believe he is on his way. I think they are both deserving of  chances to shine on the big screen and I can't wait to see what's in store.


Recommendations:
Supernatural Season1-5 on DVD  available now
Limitless Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment